Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Snacks

So OK I mentioned yesterday I found 2 new snacks that I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, and well they are pretty healthy for you too.  I purchased these items at Costco, but I know you can buy them else where if there is no Costco in you part of the "world"

Snack #1


Dried Mango and Berries


The package I bought is put out by Kirkland Signature which is Costco's brand name.  They are amazing... well the mango and strawberries are, I am not to keen on the blueberries but there isn't that many in the package for me to worry about.

Here's the stats on them:
1/3 cup has 100 calories
0 Fats
30 mg of sodium
25 g of Carbohydrates
1 g of Fibre
and is 10% of your daily Vitamin C and 6% of your Vitamin A

I am a sugar/sweat freak and these are just want I needed.  They are sweater yet still healthier for you.  I know they are not as good as the real deal fresh fruit but it works for me!!!!

*Picture shown is a 1/3 of a cup*

And as I am writing this post, I am eating the ones from the picture!!!! Yummy, yummy, yummy.

Snack #2:

Veggie Straws

OK now I have something similar to these before. They were Salt and Vinegar flavor though I believe and didn't taste half as good as these bad boys!

Here's the stats:
38 straws there's 130 calories
6 g of fat
290 g of Sodium
15 g of Carbohydrates
1g of Fibre
and is 25% of you daily Vitamin C

This package comes with spinach, potato and tomato flavored straws.  To me they all taste the same, which is Delicious!  They are all natural and no preservatives.....and the company that makes them is World Gourmet

*that is 38 straws on my plate......I didn't get to eat these ones because the kids got to them first!*
You can find this yummy treat along with other great ones at: www.wgrourmet.com

I thought you might all enjoy this little tidbit and maybe you too can find them near you!

1 comment:

  1. I love those veggie sticks. I havent had them in awhile tho, I tend to eat too many so I just say no lol. I didn't know a serving size was 38 sticks tho, that's a lot!

    ReplyDelete