Monday, January 17, 2011

Philly Cheese Steak Sandwhich

Well I made an all time favorite for my family tonight.  A meal that everyone will eat, even my picky daughter. 

With a little tweaking of an original recipe and some helpful hints from the Weight Watchers website, this sandwich not only tastes great but has about half the fat and junk as a normal Philly Cheese Steak.

2 cups onions, thinly sliced
1/2 cup water
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
2 cloves of garlic minced
6 hot dog buns
6 oz of fat-free deli slices roast beef
3 oz of reduced fat Swiss cheese
6 oz of reduced fat cheddar cheese (I sometimes just use the pre-grated cheese by Kraft, and skip the Swiss)
2 cups of fresh mushrooms (optional, but if I can hide veggies in meals I will take it! (gotta love kids))
1 teaspoon pepper

Preheat broiler; in large skillet spray with non-stick cooking spray once heated add garlic and saute for 1 minute.  Add onions and mushrooms cook for another 2 minutes, add water, mustard, and roast beef, cover and cook for 10 minutes.  Open buns and place on cooking sheet spray with butter flavor or olive oil.  Broil each side for 1 to 2 minutes. Add roast beef mixture to half of each bun top with an oz of cheese over the whole bun, broil for another 2 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and melts.  Close sandwiches and eat away!

Makes 6 sandwiches and if using weight waters it would be 7 points (on the new program)

Hope you all enjoy as much as we do!  Sorry I totally forgot to take a picture of what they looked like.  I guess I was just to excited to eat mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment