Tuesday, January 18, 2011

To call my own, I will

I have a car to call my own,
I have a house to call my own,
Not the parents, in-laws, or even the banks
I have a husband to call my own,
I have 3 great kids to call my own,
I have a cat and dog to call my own,
I have so many wonderful things in life to call my own.
Yet I don't have myself to call my own!
I hide behind the crowd, the clothes, the jewelry and make-up,
I know deep down there is the real me, the one to call my own.
The one to stand proud of who she really is.

I am embarrassed for my husband,
I am embarrassed for my kids,
I am embarrassed for my family,
I am embarrassed for my friends,
I am embarrassed that I let myself give into food,
self esteem, or lack there of.
I am embarrassed that I was lazy and lead an unhealthy
life style for so long.
I am embarrassed for myself.

I will over come this issue,
I will over come the food,
I will over come the laziness,
I will over come the self esteem problems,
I will over come the teasing.
I will become a new, happier, healthier, me!

No comments:

Post a Comment