Monday, February 7, 2011

Day one and off of routine already!!!

Now I started out my day a little slow, the routine wasn't in place this morning!  I don't think I slept more then an hour last night and I really don't know why.  So once I did fall asleep I didn't want to get up right away to that alarm going off at 4:45 AM.  So there was no work out this morning, but once I got my butt in move everything was falling into place pretty good.  I am so excited to start these meals this week, they all sound so good to me.  So any ones that I like I will add to my daily blog.  Please note though that all lunch meals are not Weight Watcher friendly (totally) or low in fat.  My lunch meals are geared towards children's tastes not adults, although they are usually really good still. 

Breakfast:Hand full of mixed nuts and Coffee w/sugar X 3

AM Snack: Coffee w/sugar X 3

Lunch:  Cheesy Hamburger-Roni (see recipe below)  Strawberries or Grapes, 100% juice


PM Snack: Coffee w/sugar X 4

Supper: Spicy Steak, Red Mint Potatoes (see recipes below), Salad and yogurt with a chocolate zucchini muffin


Cheesy Hamburger-Roni
Recipe from Kid Approved Meals

Ingredients:


1 pkg macaroni noodles, cooked and drained
1 lb hamburger, browned and drained
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 soup can of milk
½ tsp seasoning blend
1 cup grated cheddar cheese

Directions:

Mix together soup, milk and seasoning in a large pot. Stir in noodles and beef. Cook over
medium high heat until heated through. During final minutes of cooking time, stir in
grated cheese.

~this would make quite a bit so I cut all ingredients in half because I only had myself and 2 children to cook for today! 

Spicy Steak ( we like spicy food and this wasn't that spicy but very, very good!)
Recipe from Wovenfare

Ingredients:

1/2 cup of apple cider vinegar (I didn't have apple cider vinegar, so I used 1/4 cup of red wine vinegar and 1/4 cup of water)
2 table spoons of brown sugar
1 teaspoon of curry paste (1: you find curry paste in the Asian food section of your grocery store. 2: this is where if you are a spicy kinda person to add more I would even try 2 teaspoons)
1 clove of garlic minced
1 table spoon of olive oil
2 4 to 5 ounce steaks

Directions:

Mix together all ingredients except steak, trimmed fat off of steak.  Pearce steak a few times on each side with a fork.  Place in mixture and let sit for 10 minutes.  In the mean time hot frying pan with oil or cooking spray.  Add steak to heated pan and cook to your liking.  Just at the end add the rest of your seasoning mixture and re coat the steak for added flavor.  Serve the remaining sauce over the steak once plated.

Mint Red Potatoes
Recipe from Wovenfare

Ingredients:

6 to 8 red potatoes
large handful of fresh mint leaves
1 tablespoon for butter

Directions:

Clean potatoes and cut into 1 inch cubes (I left skin on them, but you can do what you want).  Add to pot cover with water and add mint leaves.  Cook until soft and drain, add butter and shake pot to coat potatoes.  Now I don't know if you were suppose to take the mint leave out when you serve the potatoes or not but I did. 

I wasn't to sure about these at first but I thought hey lets give it a try!  I am always tell my daughter that she has to try new food besides Kraft dinner, so why shouldn't I?  To my surprise they were really good.  Not a strong mint taste to them at all, just a nice little flavor to them.  I really liked them, it was a good change to normal potatoes. 



Quote of the day:

You have to stay in shape.  My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60.  She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.
~Ellen Degeneres

Not really one to think about a whole lot, but I sure though it was cute.  I am hoping to keep you up to date on my quote calendar I have made for myself.  Some of them will make you think and others are just for a good giggle.

I am off to try to set up our new Wii.  And maybe try to get some exercising in tonight too.  I will keep you all posted on my efforts!

3 comments:

  1. Have fun with the wii... do the boxing one, thats a great workout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feeling inspired! So glad I found your blog.

    Kirstyx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love to try making the Mint Red Potatoes. Thanks for sharing this information. Really glad I've read your blog.

    ReplyDelete