Saturday, February 12, 2011

Wine and Dine

So the hubby and I were wining and dining today.  Not drinking the wine though!  We make our own wine, so today was bottling day for two different batches for us.  I had a Kiwi-melon and a dry red on the go.  Sorry my husband would kill me, cause I just can't for the life of me remember the name of the red wine.  I guess cause I don't drink it (I prefer the fruity wines) so I don't remember it?!?! 

After finishing the wine we headed to the city for our Valentines' supper together.  We aren't no fancy couple so we decided to go to Chili's.  It was great food and a good visit for just the two of us.  We don't often have just us time.  My in-laws took the kids for the weekend so we were able to these things this weekend.  How I love my in-laws, they are so supportive and are always there to help us out and take the kids if need be.  Its great to have them so close.  Now I just my mom was closer too! 

I didn't eat anything all day till supper time (although we had supper at 4:15.....lol yes that early.  When I stepped on the scale this morning (I also know that it was a day early, but I just had the erg to do it) it was showing I was up :( .  After seeing that I was up I didn't feel like eating, I had worked so hard this week and I am up?  Now, I know this could be for a number of reasons.  One, maybe it was that burger for supper, two maybe its water retention?  I have drank more water then I am use to this week, so it might be my body getting use to it? Or three, I gained this weight this week.  I am hope that its not number three, but I will weigh myself tomorrow like I usually do, and will post the results then.  Hopefully I will be down, or at least the same as last week.  All I do know is that I am not going to beat myself over it this week if it is a gain, it happens and I am just going to keep moving forward.

So my menu today looked like this........ (short and sweet)

Breakfast: Coffee w/sugar X 4

AM Snack: nothing

Lunch: nothing, we were bottling wine at this time!


PM Snack:  Nothing, well I guess I did have a Pepsi......


Supper:  I shared chicken fries with the husband as a starter (he chose this!) and for my meal I had Buffalo chicken salad, with the dressing on the side and I also skipped the garlic bread!!!!

Menu clip of my salad from Chili's:
BONELESS BUFFALO CHICKEN SALAD


With applewood smoked bacon, bleu cheese crumbles, tortilla strips, house-made pico de gallo and ranch dressing.

I will probably have a little snack later tonight, we will see how I feel.

None the less, on our way into the city my husband car decides to have a mine of its own and starts playing games with us.  We were planning on going to a movie or show tonight, but after the car giving us problems, we thought it would be safer to come home, while it is still day light out.  So, our night was cut short in the city.  Oh well, I rather get home safe and not be stranded on the highway during the night.  Once we got home, he took a good look at the car and tells me the clutch is gone.  All I said was OK.  I don't know a whole lot about cars at all, lol and the funny thing is I use to work in a parts store!  I could tell you where the stuff went in the store and even if we got it but you ask me what its for..... you would get one hell of a strange look from me.  Hey, I was hired for the office and shipping and receiving, not selling!

1 comment:

  1. You make your own wine. How cool! My husband and I have talked about it but never given it a try. We like the sweet wines. We enjoy going to tastings at wineries when we travel. We were surprised that there are quite a few wineries here in West Virginia.

    As for the unpleasant experience on the scales, I am sure it will all even out by next week. :-)

    ReplyDelete